Prepare your home for the holiday
Making Your Home Holiday Ready
Tis the season to fill your home with friends and family! The holidays are upon us which means you want to have plenty of guests over in the next few months. Make certain that you can enjoy those times with your family and friends. Make sure your home is ready for guests ahead of time! Here are some tips to help you get ready for your guests:
• Address all of the little problems in your home.
• Does your toilet run more than you do?
• Do you have scuffed trim, chipped paint, or loose doorknobs throughout the home?
• Does your interior paint job look like it is from the days of the Beatles?
Now is the time to hire a Cincinnati painting company or a Cincinnati Handyman to freshen your home and fix all of the little things to ensure your home is in top shape for your guests. Here are some thoughts:
1. Replace any light bulbs that may have burnt out throughout the home or in the driveways. Check your track lighting all the way down to your night-lights. Take this opportunity to check any outdoor lighting you may have because you may have lights that are out that you never notice from the inside.
2. If your HVAC system is due for a checkup, before the holidays would be a good time to get it tuned up. Though it’s never convenient for these systems to break, it will be far worse if you are trying to entertain a house full of guests.
3. Check your linens! Make certain all of your bedding, towels and even upholstered surfaces are clean, crisp and looking fresh for your holiday guests. Spray freshener on them to take the musty smells out.
4. Clean out your closets and the dressers. Guest rooms are the perfect place to store things we seldom use. However, you’re going to want to make room for your guest to store their clothing and get your closet ready for your guests and their luggage.
Make this the year to welcome guests into your newly fixed up home, ready for company. Call Best Cincinnati Painting today.